For the first time, researchers have decoded all the genes of a person with cancer and found a set of mutations that may have caused the disease or aided its progression.
Using cells donated by a woman in her 50s who died of leukemia, the scientists sequenced all the DNA from her cancer cells and compared it to the DNA from her own normal, healthy skin cells. Then, they zeroed in on 10 mutations that occurred only in the cancer cells, apparently spurring abnormal growth, preventing the cells from suppressing that growth and enabling them to fight off chemotherapy.
The findings will not help patients immediately, but researchers say they could lead to new therapies and will almost certainly help doctors make better choices among existing treatments, based on a more detailed genetic picture of each patient's cancer. Though the research involved leukemia, the same techniques can also he used to study the genomes of other cancers, and the researchers expect to apply them to breast, brain and lung cancers.
Richard Wilson, director of Washington University's Genome Sequencing Center and the senior author of the study said, "They'll give us a whole bunch of clues about what's going on in the DNA when cancer starts to bloom." He hoped that in 5 to 20 years, DNA sequencing for cancer patients would consist of dropping a spot of blood onto a chip that slides into a desktop computer and getting back a report that suggests which drugs will work V 4971 best. for each person.
Articles to Read:
01. Intensive Worship of Beauty
02. Shenaz Treasuryvala - An Impuslive Shopper
03. Money Making Survey Websites
04. How to take care of Dimonds and Semi Precious Jewellery
05. Dental Care : The best Ayurvedic Treatment
06. Eye Care : Get beautiful and attractive eyes
07. Aging Muscles : Changes In the Bone
08. ShopWiki - The Amazing Search Engine for Shoppers
09. How to do Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar)
10. Beauty Lies in the Eyes!
11. Eye Care : Exercise for your Eyes!
12. A House Built On Rock
13. A Sip of Coffee : To Coffee or Not!
14. How to make pure KAJAL
15. Hair Colours : Just Look Trendy and Attractive
16. Keep Table Manners While Washing Your Hands
17. Combo Exercise – Controls Hunger Feeling
18. Running to Stand Still
19. Breast Cancer – Just Bare It!
20. Breast Cancer : Visualize your breast as the face of a clock
21. Fear : An anxious feeling
22. Your Happy Feet : Aspect to get relaxed
23. Attention all women
24. Attention all women
25. Weight Loss Women and Men Need to Eat Fewer Calories
26. Women Lag Behind Men in Muscle Strength Recovery
27. Brain's Reaction To Tasty Food May Predict Weight
28. Detox : Just Look Refined It Is Your Beauty Routine - 1
29. Detox : Scrub Up and Repair Locks - 2
30. Before Detox : Go To Bed Early
31. Women's X Factor
32. Indian Fashion : Look Beautiful
33. For attractive lips, speak words of kindness
34. Calcium Benefit