Eve's and also Adam's, if you have read Beauty Lies in the Eyes! the previous article then you must read the important and essential exercises for your eyes.
Eye exercises help in keeping the six eye muscles, which help the eyes to rotate, flexible and strong. If the muscles become stiff, it becomes painful to move the eyes and close the lid. Exercising also helps to relieve the pressure on the optic nerve that transmits information from the eye to the brain. Remember, if the optic nerve is damaged, it cannot be repaired.
Here are a few eye exercises that will help your eyes to relax. Most importantly, you can do them anywhere:
A. Eye Massage:
• Close your eyes tightly for 5-6 seconds and quickly open them. Repeat this for at least 7 or 8 times.
• Close your eyes and massage them with the tip of your third finger (ring finger) in circular movements.
• Close your eyes. Place three fingers of your hand on your upper eyelids, apply a little pressure and hold for 1-2 seconds, then release. Repeat at least 5 times.
B. Eye Movement:
This exercise is recommended to people who generally sit for long hours in front of the computer.
Sit and be relaxed. Now roll your eyes first in clockwise direction and then in anticlockwise direction. Once a circle of movement is completed blink your eyes to rest the eyes, Repeat this at least 5-6 times.
C. Clock Exercise:
Imagine yourself standing in front of really big clock. Now imaging looking at the middle of the clock. Slowly look at any hour mark and that too without turning your head. Then look back at the centre and look at another hour mark. Do this at least 10-12 times. This exercise is also beneficial if done with closed eyes.
D. Focus a Mark:
Sit near a window and keep a distance of about 50 cm from the window. Make a mark on the glass of the window with a small sticker or a felt pen at your eye level. Look or focus on something far away for 10-15 seconds through this mark and then return back to the focus.
E. Scribble On Wall:
Stand in front of a wall and pretend that you are writing with your eyes, without turning your head. This is a very good exercise, which might seem difficult in the beginning, but slowly you will enjoy it. Remember the bigger the letters, the better the effect.
F. Flow A Finger:
Bring your index finger in front of you at the level of your nose. Gradually move your finger away from the nose and till the arm’s length. Slowly move your finger back to your nose, all the while focusing on the tip of the finger. Repeat ten times.
G. Blink Exercise:
Blinking is not actually an exercise but it is very important. Starting at an object uninterrupted for a long time also causes strain and this should also causes strain and this should be also avoided. So make a rule to blink often.
Just take a look at this Eye Exercise. I think, it may help you a lot.
F. Good To Remember:
• Have a diet that is loaded with beta-carotene, a vitamin especially helpful in maintaining healthy eyes. Fruits and veggies like carrot are rich in beta carotene.
• Contact lenses should never be worn for more than 12 hours. Wearing contacts for long can not only cause extreme uneasiness, but also permanent sight damage.
• Place cold cucumber slices or tea bags soaked in cold water and press gently for 10 minutes before going to bed. This pacifies your eyes and also prevents puffiness.
• Always wear UV protective sunglasses while getting out in the sun.
If you do it, I am sure that definitely Beauty Lies in Your Eyes! So, go ahead!!!
Useful Links to Read:
01. Intensive Worship of Beauty
02. Shenaz Treasuryvala - An Impuslive Shopper
03. Money Making Survey Websites
04. How to take care of Dimonds and Semi Precious Jewellery
05. Dental Care : The best Ayurvedic Treatment
06. Eye Care : Get beautiful and attractive eyes
07. Aging Muscles : Changes In the Bone
08. ShopWiki - The Amazing Search Engine for Shoppers
09. How to do Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar)
10. Beauty Lies in the Eyes!