Have you know, only 35 to 40% of your muscles are used in daily activities. Rest of the muscles remain inactive. Surya Namaskar is a physical exercise where almost 95% to 97% of your muscles are switched on to active mode. They remain active, hours ahead during the day, till you recharge them the next morning.
While playacting Surya Namaskar the breathing exercise (Pranayam) gives more oxygen to your lungs. The rhythm of breathing becomes heavy with vitality. Each breath becomes deep and clear. It carries more oxygen to the parts of your body.
The vital points (The Chakras) in the body get charged. The Surya-Tej in these Chakras gets enlightened with the thought and sight of the Sun God.
The way to do it:
With your eyes closed, pray silently to the Sun god, Remember that you should inhale while bending backwards and exhale while bending forwards.
1. Stand straight and exhale completely.
2. Inhale, simultaneously, stretch the arms overhead. Hold the breath for about five seconds.
3. Bend forward as far as possible without straining yourself. And exhale (1st breath)
4. Move the right leg backward even as you inhale (2nd breath).
5. Now move the left leg backwards to the position of the right leg, and exhale.
6. Lie down on the floor. Inhale (3rd breath). Then exhale as you lower the body. Hold the breath while remaining in the position.
7. Head and trunk are to be raised on arms. Inhale (4th breath).
8. Take the inverted “V” position and exhale.
9. Bring forward the right foot and inhale. (5th breath).
10. Bring forward the left foot. Bend ahead as much as possible. Exhale.
11. Stretch the arms overhead while you inhale (6th breath).
12. Stand straight. Exhale.
Useful Links to Read:
01. Intensive Worship of Beauty
02. Shenaz Treasuryvala - An Impuslive Shopper
03. Money Making Survey Websites
04. How to take care of Dimonds and Semi Precious Jewellery
05. Dental Care : The best Ayurvedic Treatment
06. Eye Care : Get beautiful and attractive eyes
07. Aging Muscles : Changes In the Bone