Regular exercise and a calcium-rich diet can effectively reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome, which is linked to heart disease and type 2 diabetes, say researchers.
The researchers found that adults who reported little or no daily exercise were twice as likely to develop the condition.
While those who failed to consume calcium-rich foods regularly were 1.5 times more likely to develop metabolic syndrome, than those who ate calcium-rich diets. The researchers surveyed nearly 5,077 Illinois adults asking about their chronic health conditions, exercise habits and their intake of fruit, vegetables and other sources of calcium.
"We found that metabolic syndrome was more prevalent in the older, less affluent population, in people with less education and in those who engaged in less physical activity, consumed calcium-rich foods less frequently and had hypertension and hypercholesterolemia," said Adam Reppert, lead study author.
"As with many health conditions, when the good behaviours are absent, the condition is more prevalent," he added.
Articles to Read:
01. Intensive Worship of Beauty
02. Shenaz Treasuryvala - An Impuslive Shopper
03. Money Making Survey Websites
04. How to take care of Dimonds and Semi Precious Jewellery
05. Dental Care : The best Ayurvedic Treatment
06. Eye Care : Get beautiful and attractive eyes
07. Aging Muscles : Changes In the Bone
08. ShopWiki - The Amazing Search Engine for Shoppers
09. How to do Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar)
10. Beauty Lies in the Eyes!
11. Eye Care : Exercise for your Eyes!
12. A House Built On Rock
13. A Sip of Coffee : To Coffee or Not!
14. How to make pure KAJAL
15. Hair Colours : Just Look Trendy and Attractive
16. Keep Table Manners While Washing Your Hands
17. Combo Exercise – Controls Hunger Feeling
18. Running to Stand Still
19. Breast Cancer – Just Bare It!
20. Breast Cancer : Visualize your breast as the face of a clock
21. Fear : An anxious feeling
22. Your Happy Feet : Aspect to get relaxed
23. Attention all women
24. Attention all women
25. Weight Loss Women and Men Need to Eat Fewer Calories
26. Women Lag Behind Men in Muscle Strength Recovery
27. Brain's Reaction To Tasty Food May Predict Weight
28. Detox : Just Look Refined It Is Your Beauty Routine - 1
29. Detox : Scrub Up and Repair Locks - 2
30. Before Detox : Go To Bed Early
31. Women's X Factor
32. Indian Fashion : Look Beautiful
33. For attractive lips, speak words of kindness