As we go through life, we accumulate toxins in our body. These can come from the foods we eat, the air we breathe, or even physically from our environment, and can include heavy metals such as lead (from paint) or mercury (from certain types of fish). Although your body has a good method for eliminating toxins, from time to time it may need a little extra help.
More and more people are becoming aware of the mass assault on our food supply due to chemicals, pesticides and genetically modified foods all in the name of profit. While stock holders are happy, what about the millions of people who are nutritionally deficient and suffering with ailments and disease needlessly! So, Sauerkraut is the best way to get detoxification.
The key to good health relies on the correct ratio of acid/alkaline balance in the body. How one achieves this is by eating 75% alkaline forming foods and 25% acid forming foods, preferably organic. Here Sauerkraut detox help you out.
Acid Forming Foods
- All processed foods! This includes pastas, cakes, cookies, salad dressings etc.
- Meats, including Beef, pork, bird, fish, shellfish, eggs
- All dairy products, including butter, milk, cream, ice cream, cheese
- Caffeine, coffee, tea
- All breads
- All foods with sugar
- Vegetables such as asparagus, sauerkraut, chickpeas, brussels sprouts
- Plums, prunes, cranberries
Alkaline Forming Foods
- Salad greens
- Fresh fruit
- Dried fruit such as raisins, dates, figs, apricots
- All sprouts
- All vegetables (except the ones listed above) Especially good are onions and garlic
- Citrus fruits ( even though they are acidic, they have an alkalizing affect on the body)
- Good fats such as olive and flaxseed oil
- Honey, maple syrup and molasses
- Herbal teas
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juices
- Yogurt and sour cream
- Almonds, brazil nuts
If you look closely at the lists above you can get a pretty good idea of what you currently may be eating more of, whether acid or alkaline type foods. To get a more accurate measure you can buy ph strips from any drug store and see exactly where you are at and what you need to do create the optimum ph balance in your body.
This fermented cabbage provides a beneficial dose of “good” bacteria also referred to as probiotics. Probiotics are especially important in supporting a healthy digestive tract. “Our intestines house trillions of bacteria which play a role in not only digestion, but also supporting immunity. Without these beneficial flora our digestive processes may be compromised and gas, bloating, and/or constipation could result. Constipation can lead to a build-up of toxic wastes in the intestines and bloodstream, possibly increasing one’s risk for cancer,” says Paulson. Adding just a half cup of fermented foods such as sauerkraut to your diet will ensure your intestines are armed with probiotics to support optimal digestion and elimination.